The complete requirements to take the Civil Service Exam (a.k.a. Career Service Eligibility Exam) this 2020 for Professional and Sub-professional levels are the following according to the CSC:
- Must be Filipino citizens
- At least 18 years old
- Of good moral character and have no criminal record or have not been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude;
- Have not been dishonorably discharged from military service or dismissed for cause from any civilian position in the government
- Have not taken the same level of CS exam within 3 months from last examination taken.
Everyone can apply regardless of educational attainment
The law has changed and it is great news now that regardless of college degree or education attainment, anyone who meet the requirements can apply.
Many years ago, they required at least Bachelor’s Degree for professional level and has at least finished 2 years in college for the sub-prof. Luckily, more people have the chance to be eligible now.
What are the Civil Service Exam Requirements for 2020?
- Application Form called CSC Form 100 (download it here) and fill it out with your personal information
- 4 pieces of (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.8 inches x 1.4 inches) Passport Sized Photos with name tag and signature, taken at the recent 3 months from the time of application
- Exam Fees – P500 for PPT; P600 for COMEX (as of 2020)
- Valid IDs – Driver’s License, SSS, GSIS, Philhealth, UMID, current Company/Office ID, current School ID, Postal ID, BIR ID, Barangay ID, Voter’s ID, Valid Passport, or Police Clearance
- Appointment Letter received through email – for CSC-COMEX only
Career Service Exam Application Procedure
The Civil Service Commission schedule CSC Exam for professional and sub-professional applicants usually thrice a year or every quarter each year. That is for CS-PPT a.k.a. Paper and Pencil type of exam. CSC also schedules CSC-COMEX a.ka. Computer Exam Online.
Dates and schedule of exams are posted on the commission’s website, and also in this website, whenever there is a new announcement. The new exam schedules for this year is posted on our Nav menu.
There are deadlines for the submission of applications since there are quotas for slots of examiners and application is first-come-first-served basis.
If you want to take the CS-PPT exam and become career service professional eligible, you need to file your application form at the Civil Service Commission Regional Office or Field Office near you. Check out the Civil Service Commission Offices and Branches.
It is usually located at the Capitol’s Office or your Region’s Government Center. I suggest you download the application form in advance so you can already fill it up at home and you would know the details needed there.
Apply early to have plenty of time to review and relax before the big examination day. Applying early can also help you surely join the slot because the CSC has quotas for each batch of exam.
Once you have applied, the CSC staff will issue you your official receipt and examination slip bearing your exam schedule date and time, testing center with your room number. Prepare for the following things you need to bring with you on that date.
Things to Bring on the Civil Service Exam
- Application receipt and exam slip
- Pencil (Mongol No. 1 or 2 recommended) and Eraser
- Black Ball pen
- Valid IDs
Don’t forget to wear a decent attire so you will be comfortable throughout the exam. I remember, we wore white polo shirt and decent pants.
I also suggest you bring a bottled water because the exam is thirst quenching. Good luck! Remember, if others can, so can you…
Are you ready to take the exam? Read about: